Sabres vs. Canadiens 3/22/11 Postmortem March 22, 2011Posted by calvin in Uncategorized.
Tags: Andrej Sekera, Brad Boyes, Cody McCormick, Mike Grier, Nathan Gerbe, Opinions, Paul Gaustad, Postmortems, Rob Niedermayer, Ryan Miller, Sabres, Thomas Vanek, Tyler Myers
All right. I was gone earlier tonight and so I’m starting this blog from the beginning of the second period. These are points Buffalo desperately needs – hopefully they’ll what they have to do.
- The little guy is playing at twice his size and about four times the heart of some of his teammates. Gerbe gets another one off of a nice point shot. Drew a great penalty a bit earlier too.
- Vanek had the puck behind the Canadiens’ net. No one touched him for about twenty seconds. For some reason I find this hilarious.
- Holy cow, but was Boyes ever hard to take off that puck…
- Sekera is dominant so far.
- The fourth line of Niedermayer, Grier and McCormick kept the Canadiens pinned in their end for quite a while. Amanda approves.
- The Sabres are playing a pretty stifling defensive system tonight.
- You know, if Tyler Myers was bearing down on me with a head of steam, I’m moving out of his way.
- Vanek makes a nice play to keep the puck in on the power play.
- Miller is in the zone tonight. Amanda approves of this too.
- Brad Boyes has had a strong game away from the puck tonight.
- Gerbe, Gerbe, Gerbe… look at ‘im go!
- I don’t think Vanek has a complaint about the goaltender interference call. He ran Price over.
- The power play looks brutal. Oy.
- Carey Price needs to say a prayer to the hockey gods that the puck didn’t go in when it dribbled right through the crease.
Final score: Nathan Gerbe 2, Canadiens 0