How to like the jerseys September 19, 2010Posted by calvin in Uncategorized.
Tags: Nathan Gerbe, Opinions, Ryan Miller, Sabres, Thomas Vanek, Tyler Ennis, Tyler Myers
I’d like to give my readers a handy-dandy guide for how to like the new Sabres jerseys. Follow these simple steps and you’ll be enamored of them in no time!
- Forget that this is the 42,938,169th time in the past 15 years that the team has changed jerseys. Therefore, new jerseys=excitement!
- The silly racing stripey thingies on the home/away jerseys? Think of them as sweat-wicking bands, not ugly piping. They’ll be easier to ignore that way.
- That hellacious number design on the back of the 40th anniversary jersey is actually a cool Spider-Man motif.
- Opponents will be confused by all the different jerseys and have no idea who they’re playing.
- Don’t like how the blues are different on the 40th anniversary jersey and the regular jersey? Simple reason for that – guys look cool in sky blue!
- So how about those gray patches under the arms of the white jerseys? Hey – it’s better than the white turning gray with dirt and grime during the game. This patch will hide all that!
- Steve Montador looks hot in whatever jersey you put him in.
- They finally gave us cool laces on the front!
- Tyler Ennis/Nathan Gerbe etc don’t look quite as bite-sized in the new uniforms. Maybe the jerseys were designed specifically with our smaller players in mind. Whoa – just took a second look at some of the bigger guys. They look like hulks out there! The Jolly Blue Giant is quite frightening!
- AND THE BEST WAY TO LEARN TO LIKE THE JERSEYS: Remember this. In the white jersey Ryan Miller will blend in with his surroundings like a chameleon and the other team will shoot right into his chest protector all night long.